Office Location: Innovation, Science, and Technology Building, Room 2035, 4700 Research Way, Lakeland, FL 33805
Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (Transportation), The Catholic University of America, 2014
Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, 2009
M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, 2003
B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering, Azad University, 2001
Social Media Accounts/Websites *
Dr. Mostafa K. Ardakani was instrumental in bringing $6.7 million with 100% matching funds through NYSUNY 2020 Challenge Grants, recognized by the Governor of New York in January 2016. He assumed the directorship of the Infrastructure, Transportation and Security Center (ITSC) at the State University of New York. Prior to that, Ardakani served as a research associate at Intelligent Transportation & Sustainable Infrastructure Center at the Catholic University of America. Ardakani is a registered professional engineer (PE) in Washington D.C., and obtained his Project Management Professional (PMP) credential in 2014. He designed and coordinated a certificate program for the District of Columbia Department of Transportation (DDOT). The program has been successfully implemented since fall 2012 with annual revenue of $500,000. In addition, he has experience in the development of critical infrastructure protection, civil engineering technology, and engineering technology management degrees. Ardakani has trained industry and government personnel and possesses a decade of experience in teaching undergraduate and graduate students in the U.S. and abroad. He has also lectured government delegations in New Jersey and Virginia, and consulted oil and airline companies.
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Operations research and optimization
- Multi-objective decision making
- Project management
Awards and Honors
- University Faculty Excellence Award, recognized by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (2017)
- International Young Scientist, the National Natural Science Foundation of China (2010)
- Hennessy Distinguished Scholar Award, The Catholic University of America (2008)
- Ardakani, M. K. and Yang, J., (2017) “Generalized Gipps-Type Vehicle-Following Models,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, 143 (3).
- Kamaliardakani M., Sun L., and Ardakani M. K., (2016), “Sealed-Crack Detection Algorithm Using Heuristic Thresholding Approach,” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 30(1).
- Ardakani, M. K., (2015) “The Impacts of Errors in Factor Levels on Robust Parameter Design Optimization,” Quality and Reliability Engineering International.
- Ardakani, M. K., and Tavana, M. (2015) “A Decremental Approach with the A* Algorithm for Speeding-up the Optimization Process in Dynamic Shortest Path Problems,” Measurement. 60, 299–307.
- Ardakani, M. K., and Wulff S. S., (2014) “An Extended Problem to Bertrand’s Paradox,” Discussiones Mathematicae Probability and Statistics. 34, 23–24.
- Ardakani, M. K., and Wulff S. S., (2013), “An Overview of Optimization Formulations for Multi-Response Surface Problems,” Quality and Reliability Engineering International, 29(1), 3–16.
- Ardakani, M. K., and Sun, L., (2012), “Decremental Algorithm for Adaptive Routing Incorporating Advanced Traveler Information,” Computers and Operations Research, 39 (12), 3012–3020.
- Ardakani, M. K., and Wulff S. S., Das D., and Robinson T.J., (2011), “Estimation in Second-order Models with Errors in The Factor Levels,” Communications in Statistics: Theory and Methods, 40(9), 1573-1590.
- Ardakani, M. K. and Noorossana, R., (2008), “A New Optimization Criterion for Robust Parameter Design – The Case of Target is Best,” The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 38(9-10), 851-859.
- Ardakani, M. K., Noorossana, R., Niaki, S.T.A. and Lahijanian, H., (2009), “Robust Parameter Design Using Weighted Metric Method- The Case of The Smaller The Better,” International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, 19(1), 59-68.
*External, third-party sites not maintained by Florida Polytechnic University