August 1, 2018, 10:14 a.m.
We are saddened to announce that we have lost a member of our community. Police officials have confirmed the body found on campus this morning was that of a Florida Poly student who died by suicide. Next of kin has been notified. Grief counselors are available in the Innovation, Science and Technology Building to assist the university community.
August 1, 2018, 9 a.m.
A grief counselor is on campus today to talk with individuals who may want assistance or desire counseling support.
These additional resources are available as well:
- e4health (Employee Assistance Program): 1-844-208-7067
- BayCare Student Assistance Program: 800-878-5470
- Lakeland Regional Medical Center’s 24-hour Crisis Hotline: 863-687-1112
- Peace River Center’s 24-hour Mobile Crisis Response Team in Lakeland: 863-519-3744ro
- National Suicide Prevention Life-Line: 800-273-8255
August 1, 2018, 7:53 a.m.
The university police department and the Lakeland Police Department are investigating an apparent suicide on campus. Next-of-kin is being notified. Grief counselors are on the way to campus. More information will be posted here as it becomes available.
Assistant Director of Communication