LAKELAND, Fla. – The Florida Polytechnic University Foundation has named four distinguished business and industry leaders as new board members, who will help support the University’s unique mission to educate and prepare students to be high-tech leaders. The four new members are:
- Jeff Clyne, President, Mid-State Machine & Fabricating Corp.
- David Mann, Executive Vice President, Regional Commercial Real Estate Lending, SunTrust Bank
- Philip G. Mowry, Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, WellDyne Inc.
- Dr. Michael Tolentino, Director and Founder, Clinical Research Program at the Center for Retina & Macular Disease.
“Our new board members already make outstanding contributions through their dedication and commitment to the communities and industries they serve,” said Cindy Alexander, who chairs the Foundation Board. “We are grateful they have agreed to join the Florida Polytechnic Foundation Board and bring that same focus, leadership and commitment to growing the Foundation and support for Florida Polytechnic University.”
The Foundation exists solely for Florida Polytechnic University. Through giving programs, planned gifts and campaigns, the Foundation’s board of directors generates private support to fortify the University’s future and its groundbreaking educational model that blends industry and academia to provide innovative learners with a 21st-Century education in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
The 15-member board for the nonprofit Florida Polytechnic University Foundation focuses on building the assets necessary for the University to meet its educational goals and become an internationally renowned institution of higher learning and research. The generous gifts to the Florida Polytechnic University Foundation help to assure that today’s high-achieving students are not denied the opportunity to gain the STEM skills and education necessary to become tomorrow’s leaders in the fast-growing, competitive technology workforce in Florida and across the globe.
The four new members join a board of directors made up of business, community and industry leaders who each play a critical role in assuring the University’s future as a rigorous academic institution and a powerful economic engine for the state of Florida. The other members are:
- Cindy Alexander, Foundation Chair and Community Leader
- Loretta Sanders, Foundation Vice Chair and Community Leader
- Ralph Allen, Chairman, Allen & Company
- Ron Clark, Chairman, Clark, Campbell, Lancaster & Munson, P.A.
- Ford Heacock, President and Owner, Heacock Insurance
- Rob Kincart, President, A-C-T Environmental
- Ingram Leedy, President, Protected Trust
- Cliff Otto, President of SaddleCreek Corp.
- Dr. Sijo Parekattil, Robotics Surgeon, The PUR Clinic
- Shelley Robinson, Community Leader
- Vic Story, President, The Story Companies