As the spring term comes to a close, we want to make sure students are aware that final adjustments to their summer schedules should be made by Tuesday, May 14.
Here are some other helpful tips for ensuring a successful summer semester:
- Summer sessions are shorter in length so it is recommended that students take no more than two courses during the whole summer.
- If a student wants to take more than two courses, we recommend they meet with a Success Coach to discuss options.
- The Summer A and B sessions overlap with Summer C. Students must check their schedules to make sure there are no conflicts.
- Using the Schedule Wizard is the best way to avoid schedule conflicts.
- Some conflicts have already been identified and impacted students have been sent emails to inform them they will be dropped.
- Students must check their summer courses after final spring grades become available on May 8, to make sure they still meet prerequisite requirements.
- If a student needs to make adjustments to their summer schedule, they must check if it will also impact their fall schedule.
- Any student who has not submitted a Course Enrollment Permission Request will be administratively dropped from conflicting courses or if prerequisites have not been met.
- The Drop/Add deadline for Summer B is July 2. Visit the Academic Calendar for other important dates and deadlines.
- Students who register for the first time during the Drop/Add period for each summer session may be charged a $100 late registration fee.
If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office.