Welcome to the Phoenix family! We’re excited that you have chosen Florida Poly as your home for the next four years. We’re ready to “Get Ignited” and New Student Orientation is the first step in your transition to becoming a Phoenix.
New Student Orientation is in two parts.
- Part I is a one-day experience in the summer and is strongly encouraged, but optional.
- Part II is mandatory.
Orientation focuses on developing a foundation at Florida Poly and ensuring a connection with, and understanding of the Florida Poly experience.
Get connected to all things Florida Poly. Download the Florida Poly Mobile App before you arrive on campus for orientation.
Pre-Orientation (part I)
All incoming freshman students are strongly encouraged to attend pre-orientation. Students may bring up to two family members.
2020 Pre-Orientation Dates (you’ll choose one, the same programming is repeated each date):
- Friday, June 5, 2020
- Monday, June 15, 2020
- Friday, July 17, 2020
At pre-orientation, you’ll:
- Meet current and incoming students as well as faculty and staff
- Tour campus
- Pick up your student ID
- Explore financial aid details
- Learn about campus resources
- Gain important information on navigating your academic path
Orientation (part II)
All new students, including freshmen, transfer, and international students are required to attend orientation.
Orientation is August 23-24. Classes begin August 25.
More information regarding Fall Orientation will be available soon.
Before You Arrive
Please make sure you have completed the following information before you arrive for orientation.
- Work with your admissions counselor to complete your Florida Residency and Enrollment Verification.
- Complete your Student Immunization History Form.
- If applicable, send official transcripts from all high schools and colleges previously attended to Florida Poly, Office of Admissions, 4700 Research Way, Lakeland, FL, 33805.
- Have the appropriate testing services send AP/IB/AICE test scores to Florida Poly, Office of Admissions, 4700 Research Way, Lakeland, FL, 33805.
- The university’s federal code is 042634.
- The university’s SAT codes is 7303.
- The university’s ACT code is 2869.
- Housing application (not required for orientation)
- Submit a selfie for your student ID
- Active your Florida Poly Pulse account (using the link provided in the “Welcome to Florida Poly” email you received)
- Didn’t get the email, or deleted it? Request a copy of the email.
- Make sure you know your social security number
- Make sure you know your university email address and password.
Directions and Parking
Florida Poly is conveniently located right off Interstate 4, and easily accessible from Lakeland. (If you’re coming to Florida Poly by way of the Polk Parkway, you will have pass through an unstaffed toll booth that requires a SunPass.)
Parking for orientation is in Lot 3. You will receive a parking permit to place in your vehicle during your stay. If you’re being dropped off, you’ll want to be dropped off in the same lot, in front of the Residence Hall 2.
For more information or to request an accommodation for a disability contact Student Development at 863-874-4776.
Financial Aid | email@example.com | 1-800-585-7659
Billing | firstname.lastname@example.org | 863-874-8406
Parking | email@example.com | 863-874-8440
Registration | firstname.lastname@example.org
Meal Plans| email@example.com | 863-874-8440
Residential Life | 863-874-8763