Working Toward Your Future
- Student eligibility
- Student jobs
- After the student has successfully submitted an application, the application will be screened by the Registrar’s Office to ensure the student meets the Student employment criteria.
- Hiring process
- All Florida Poly employees are required to complete a background check. Florida Poly contracts with a third party company called HireRight to conduct background* (BG) checks on all employees
- NOTE: Additional onboarding requirements and compliance tasks follow. You may not start working until all onboarding requirements are completed. An official clearance to begin your work assignment will be issued to supervisors and administrative assistants
- Please refer to the Onboarding for New Employees page for more information about all onboarding requirements.
Veterans & Military Support
Florida Polytechnic University offers Veterans’ Preference to candidates for all Staff positions. Completion of Veterans’ Preference when applying is voluntary and kept confidential in accordance with the ADA. A DD-214, Certificate of Discharge or Separation from Active Duty, or other related documents, is required as verification of eligibility for Veterans’ Preference. Candidates should be prepared to provide documentation when requested during the application process and/or upon hire.
Onboarding for New Employees
Onboarding for new employees consists of a two-part process that begins after the employee has accepted and signed their offer letter, successfully completed their background screening requirements and have completed the pre-hire and hiring approval process in Workday.
Part 1: Once an employee has been hired in Workday, they will receive an email with instructions on how to activate their NETID. Upon activating the NETID, the site will automatically route them to Workday to begin completing all of their new hire compliance onboarding tasks. These tasks will consist of the following:
- Verifying their legal name and personal contact information.
- Verifying their submitted government identification.
- Entering emergency contact information.
- Completing their Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification
- Entering direct deposit information and completing their W-4
- Identification documents must be brought to the office of Human Resources and cannot be expired.
*New employees will need to monitor their Workday inbox closely to complete all tasks in a timely manner.
Part 2: Upon the employee successfully activating their NETID and completing the first set of tasks assigned to them, they will receive an email from the Human Resources Assistant to set up an onboarding meeting to complete their new hire paperwork and receive an invitation to New Hire Orientation. Once all forms are completed and all Workday compliance tasks are done, an email confirmation will be sent to the hiring supervisor and the department administrative assistant to officially provide clearance for the new hire to begin their new role at Florida Polytechnic University.
Resources and Employment Forms
Site maintained by the Human Resources Department