Congratulations on Your Acceptance to Florida Poly
2017 Orientation will take place August 16-18, 2017. Student and parent orientation schedules are below.
Register for Orientation
Schedules for Orientation
Welcome Week “Purple Fire”
Our goal is for Florida Poly students to thrive as they transition into university life. To promote success, we require all incoming students (freshmen and transfer) to attend Orientation.
Florida Poly’s Orientation schedule carefully balances learning, bonding time and fun in the evening to ensure you have plenty of time to get acquainted with life as a Phoenix. You will be assigned to a small cluster of 15-20 incoming students.
During this event you will have the opportunity to:
- Meet future classmates in a small group
- Connect with your Orientation leaders
- Gain important information on navigating your academic path
- Take care of your needs as a student – meet with your academic advisor and also get your student ID, parking decal, meal plan, and Internet access
- Be introduced to academic policies and support services
- Learn firsthand about campus resources
- Explore campus and student life programs
- Meet professors and staff
- Tour the campus
Where can my parents and family stay while in town?
We don’t allow parents and family members to stay in the residence halls with students during Orientation. There are several hotels nearby that can accommodate any budget and style.
How long should my parents and family plan on staying after move-in on August 16th?
Parents and families should plan on attending the Parent and Families portion of Orientation on Wednesday, August 16th, ending with a send-off that evening. This an important time for parents and family members to learn about the college transition and gain a better understanding of their student’s future at Florida Poly.
Specific questions about the 2017 Orientation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “2017 Orientation.”