Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
Financial aid is only awarded to admitted students.
2. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
To apply for need-based financial aid, including grants, scholarships, loans, and federal work-study, complete the FAFSA. Our federal school code is 042634. Adding our school code allows Florida Poly to receive your FAFSA information and determine eligibility for aid.
To complete the FAFSA on the web, you will need an FSA ID and password. Your parent will also need an FSA and password if you are a dependent student.
How to Create Your FSA ID
FAFSA: Determining Dependency Status
How to Fill Out the FAFSA
3. Complete your Florida Financial Aid Application (FFAA)
Florida resident high school seniors can apply for the Florida Bright Futures program using the FFAA. Florida Poly is notified of your eligibility, but it is very important that you list Florida Polytechnic University as the institution you plan to attend.
4. Review your award letter
Newly admitted students will receive their award packets in the mail beginning in December. Continuing students may review their award packages for the following academic year as early as March.
5. Accept or Decline your financial aid in your CAMS student portal
Once you have deposited to the University, you will be assigned a CAMS student portal Login and password. This email is sent to you from the Florida Poly Helpdesk within 24 hours of depositing to the University.
To accept or decline your financial aid, follow these steps:
- Access CAMS by clicking https://cams.floridapoly.org/student/login.asp
- Enter your NetID, password and start term to begin (be sure you have selected the correct year start term from the dropdown)
- Click the My Financial Aid link
- Review your Financial Aid Award and/or Scholarships and click the Accept or Decline box next to each award. Federal Student Aid will not disburse without an Accept decision.
6. Complete additional documentation, if applicable
Federal Student Loans – If you are borrowing federal direct loans, you must complete the following at https://studentloans.gov using your FSA ID and password (the same login information from FAFSA):
- Complete Entrance Counseling to ensure you understand the responsibilities and obligations you are assuming (approx. 20-30 minutes).
- Complete loan agreement for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (MPN), a legal document in which you promise to repay your federal student loans and any interest that accrues (approx. 20-30 minutes).
Verification – If your FAFSA was selected for the verification process, you will be required to submit additional documentation. The Office of Financial Aid will notify you if you are selected for this process.
Awarding and Disbursing Aid
You will be able to view your direct costs in your CAMS student portal by visiting the My Ledger link. You will also be able to view your accepted financial aid and any Florida Prepaid tuition plans applied toward these direct costs.
Direct costs charged on your student ledger may include tuition, local fees, meal plan, and any books purchased with a book voucher in the University Bookstore.
Direct Costs are assessed and financial aid posts to your student ledger after the Add/Drop period. If there is remaining aid on your account after direct costs, a student refund will be issued to you.
Please note: Housing is owned and operated by Rise and payment arrangements must be made directly through Rise. If you have enough financial aid to fully cover your direct costs and your semester housing payment, you may defer your payment until after student refunds are issued.
If you are selected for verification, you will be notified by the Office of Financial Aid at Florida Polytechnic University. This process is a federal requirement, with the intent to improve the accuracy of the information submitted on the FAFSA.
It will require you to submit additional documentation in order to determine your financial aid eligibility. Once the verification process is complete, your financial aid awards may be revised to reflect your correct eligibility. Failure to complete the verification process will stop your financial aid from disbursing and any balance owed for tuition and fees will become your responsibility.
If you have been selected and provided a verification code, please click on the appropriate Verification Worksheet below and return to the Office of Financial Aid at Florida Polytechnic University. You may also e-mail your completed worksheet directly to the Financial Aid Department at email@example.com.