If your FAFSA was selected for the verification process, you will be required to submit one or more of these forms and/or additional documentation. The Office of Financial Aid will notify you if you are selected and which forms are required.
- 2019-20: Dependent standard verification worksheet
- 2019-20: Independent standard verification worksheet
- 2019-20: Identity and statement of educational purpose in person
- 2019-20: Dependent household support worksheet
- 2019-20: Independent household support worksheet
Federal Student Aid Authorization
Federal financial aid is automatically authorized to pay for tuition, required fees and contracted room and board, but you must submit a one-time authorization if you plan to use federal financial aid to pay for your books, supplies and other charges at Florida Poly. If you do not grant authorization to pay non-allowable charges with your federal financial aid, the Office of Financial Aid will release your aid to your student account and pay only allowable charges for the current academic year. You may receive a refund and may be sent a bill for any charges that could not be paid with your federal financial aid.
Federal Student Loans
Students who wish to borrow direct loans must complete the following at https://studentloans.gov using your FSA ID and password (the same login information from FAFSA):
- Complete entrance counseling to ensure you understand the responsibilities and obligations you are assuming (approx. 20-30 minutes).
- Complete loan agreement for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan (MPN), a legal document in which you promise to repay your federal student loans and any interest that accrues (approx. 20-30 minutes).
Students who withdraw, graduate, or fall below half time status must complete exit counseling.
Financial Aid Appeals
A student may appeal for reinstatement of federal, state and/or University scholarship if circumstances beyond the student’s control prevented the student from meeting minimum eligibility requirements.
If you have any questions regarding any of these forms, please contact financial aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a student reaches 18 years of age or attends a postsecondary institution, he or she becomes an “eligible student,” and all rights formerly given to parents under FERPA transfer to the student. The eligible student has the right to have access to his or her education records, the right to seek to have the records amended, the right to have control over the disclosure of personally identifiable information from the records (except in certain circumstances specified in the FERPA regulations).
The Office of Financial Aid cannot release information about a student’s financial aid records to anyone other than the student, unless the student identifies that person on their FERPA form as authorized.
To submit an Authorization to Release Information, complete these steps:
- Access CAMS by clicking https://cams.floridapoly.org/student/login.asp
- Enter your NetID, password and start term to begin
- Click the eForms link
- Locate the Student’s Authorization to Release Information (FERPA) form and enter the information for the individuals authorized to receive information about your educational records