First Generation Matching Grant
The First Generation Matching Grant is a need-based award program funded by Florida Polytechnic University and the State of Florida. It is awarded to Undergraduate students pursuing their first Bachelors degree, and whose parents have not earned a Bachelor’s Degree. Students wishing to be considered for this award must meet the following requirements:
- Completed a current year, error free, Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Demonstrate financial need through their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Must be a Pell Grant recipient
- Must be a Florida Resident
- Neither parent has completed a Bachelor’s degree, per FAFSA information
- Must be enrolled full time each semester they are being considered for award
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress, as defined by the university
- Must a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
As the funds are limited, students with the highest need, and have completed their FAFSA by the financial aid priority deadline, will be considered for this award first.
Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG)
The FSAG is a need-based grant offered by the State of Florida. Student wishing to be considered for this grant must meet the following:
- First time, degree seeking, undergraduate student
- Florida Resident
- Completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current Academic Year
- Be Pell Grant eligible
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
Funding is limited for this award, and students that have completed their FAFSA before the priority Deadline of January 1st will be considered first.
José Martí Scholarship Grant Fund
The José Martí Scholarship Challenge Grant fund is a merit, and need based, scholarship funded by the State of Florida. The scholarship is intended to financially assist students attending a Florida public university that are of Hispanic origin. Students wishing to be considered for this scholarship are encouraged to review the eligibility requirements and apply here.
Rosewood Family Scholarship
The Rosewood Family Scholarship was created to financially assist students wishing to attend a Florida public university. The scholarship is reserved for students that are able to prove they are direct descendants of Rosewood families affected by the historical incidents of January 1923. Students wishing to learn more, or to be considered for this scholarship, are encouraged to review the eligibility requirements and apply here.