Pursuant to Florida Statute 1009.21 (10)(e), full-time students from a Latin American or Caribbean nation (including the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico) who receive a scholarship from the state or federal government can qualify for in-state tuition for each academic year while attending Florida Polytechnic University.
Florida Poly aims to continue its vision of being internationally recognized while assisting our students whenever possible. By providing the LAC Scholarship, we offer high-caliber students from Latin America and the Caribbean the chance to study at a reduced tuition rate.
Students offered the LAC scholarship would be charged the in-state tuition rate for one entire academic year, with the opportunity to reapply for each following year. This means that qualified LAC students would receive an estimated savings of $17,000 US per year.
- Caribbean: Antigua & Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Cayman Islands, Cuba,Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Puerto Rico, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands and the Virgin Islands.
- Central America: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama.
- South America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- North America: Mexico
- All required admissions materials and deposits are on file with the Office of Admissions by the set deadlines.
- Student has been admitted to Florida Polytechnic University for the current semester.
- Enrolled as a full-time student while attending the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Be a U.S. Citizen, or a U.S. Permanent Resident who residents in a U.S. Territory country, or currently has dual citizenship with a Latin American/Caribbean Country and the United States.
- Be a Latin American or Caribbean student granted a current F-1 student visa to study at Florida Polytechnic University.