The Florida Poly Brand
The Florida Poly Brand is more than a logo, a slogan, a mascot or an advertising campaign. It’s what sets us apart. It’s the promise we make to our audience, the essence of our university, the personality we convey, the message we deliver, and the identity we express. In short, it’s what people think of us.
In recent years, branding in higher education has become even more critical to engaging audiences, shifting perceptions, and communicating a university’s mission to the world. While we are a member of the State University System of Florida, nothing about our institution is interchangeable with any of the other 11 universities in Florida.
Florida Poly has the power to educate and inspire, and so does our story.
The Florida Poly story:
- captures and communicates our distinct mission and culture
- defines and differentiates our approach to the challenges facing our state and nation
- makes who we are as an institution known, felt and understood
- builds pride and inspires faculty, staff, students, and alumni
Most of all, our brand helps us tell our authentic story.
These guidelines define and describe the various parts of the Florida Poly brand, and offer examples of how we bring it to life across our institution and through our communications. Ours is a living brand, and accordingly, this is a living document. The principles and guidelines set forth here are a map and a guidebook, but there are infinite ways to tell our story.
Our brand is made up of five key components. These components build on each other creating a unique and compelling brand.
- Our Positioning: What sets us apart
- Our Brand Attributes: Who we are
- Our Messaging: What we do and why it matters
- Our Personality: The tone in which we communicate
- Our Brand Expression: The creative platform that brings our stories to life