In support of National Hazing Prevention Week is (September 23-27), Florida Poly students are invited to participate in a poster content. The goal of the content is to raise awareness and educate the community about hazing and promote the prevention of hazing. The theme for the 2019-20 content is “These Purple Hands Don’t Haze.”
This competition is open to all current Florida Poly students. A panel of judges will determine the winner/s.
All submissions must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Posters must be sized at 11″ x 14″ and may be created in either portrait or landscape orientations.
- Completed posters must be digitally converted into a high-resolution PDF document (300 dpi minimum at 11″ x 14″).
- Posters may not contain any nudity or derogatory/defamatory images or any offensive, accusatory or derogatory/defamatory language.
- All design images must be original and may not infringe upon any copyrighted work.
- Posters must include a profound message against hazing in poster and support the theme.
- Images and language will be accepted and edited at the discretion of Student Affairs.
- All participants agree to have their name, likeness, and design used in a marketing campaign if they are selected as contest winners or runner-up. In addition, winners and runners-up agree to have their designs downloaded and printed in an unlimited amount in perpetuity without compensation.
- All submissions will be displayed in the IST commons on Monday, Sept. 23 through Tuesday, Sept. 24 in the morning.
A committee of faculty and staff will select the winner/s. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, Sept.24 in IST commons at 10:50 a.m. The winning posters will be displayed at the Student Development Center and in the IST south entrance. Winners will receive:
- 1st place – $100 worth of University Bookstore purchases
- 2nd Place*-$75 worth of University Bookstore purchases
- 3rd Place*-$50 worth of University Bookstore purchases
The submission deadline is Friday, Sept. 20, using the form below.
For questions contact Jimmy Surin at 863-874-8724.
Submissions are no longer being accepted. If you have further questions, please contact Jimmy Surin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 863-874-8724.