Florida Poly CARES Emergency Funding
The COVID-19 pandemic has thrown many students into stressful and financially challenging personal circumstances. Fortunately, those who are experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus are eligible to receive funds from the federal CARES Act.
The recently passed federal stimulus package includes about $14 billion in grants to colleges and universities. Florida Poly has been allocated close to $600,000 to help students pay for things like course materials, technology, housing, food, health care, and childcare.
We hope as these funds begin to be distributed, they help relieve burdens you and your families may be carrying in this dramatically changed world.
About Florida Poly CARES Emergency Funding
Florida Poly CARES funds will be disbursed to students to help fulfill financial needs necessary to continue their Florida Poly education. Funds shall be direct payments to students for their expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19, such as: food, housing, course materials, technology, health care, and child-care.
The funds are not broad public assistance funds, but are to be used to help students continue their education.
- Students must submit a Florida Poly CARES application for emergency funds for the term in which they are currently registered.
- Funds will be disbursed to registered students, which includes undergraduate types and graduate students, in the term for which they are applying for emergency relief, including summer term(s) as determined by the Financial Aid Office.
- Due to an update from US Department of Education, we will not be able to provide emergency funds to International or DACA students under the CARES Act. The original guidelines did not indicate that students must be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen and Florida Poly had every intention to use CARES funding for all students. The Phund-A-Phoenix program, however, allows any student who is meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines to apply.
- Funds will be paid directly to students for their expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to COVID-19, such as; technology, course materials, food, housing, health care, and child-care. We strongly encourage you to be mindful of technological requirements to continue your academic work as a student at Florida Poly, and therefore emphasize the need for you to have technology that can meet the minimum computing standards to support your progress within your STEM degree in a remote and non-remote instructional environment.
- Funds are not disbursed based on prior financial aid calculations and can exceed the student’s cost of attendance, when combined with other aid the student is receiving for the award year. Individual and cumulative grants may not exceed $6,195.
- While students may apply each semester they need funds (SP20, SU20, F20, SP21), students are encouraged to only submit once given the expected demand for this one-time, finite resource; unless a significant change in their economic situation can be documented.
Disbursement through Office of Financial Aid
- Students submit an online Florida Poly CARES application for emergency funds for the term in which they are currently registered.
The Office of Financial Aid utilizes professional judgment judiciously for students in need. Appeals may be granted for amounts greater than what is listed above.
- REQUIRED Supporting Documentation: Students will need to provide documentation as best possible based on their circumstance (i.e. student or parent job loss, on campus student now needs to pay rent, receipts from extra expenses, etc.).
- Students submit Florida Poly CARES online form and documentation
- Students receive notification that their application was received
- Within 24-48 hours students will receive a response with a decision, the potential amount of the grant if approved, or a request for more information/documentation
- FL Poly CARES funding will be post to your ledger in CAMS the same day you are approved. The Student Business Services Office will process your approved funding amount as a student refund through BankMobile within the week. If you have not signed up for direct deposit or a BankMobile account, your refund will be mailed as a paper check and will take much longer to reach you. To sign up for BankMobile, please visit https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/. Please contact Student Business Services if you need assistance in setting up your BankMobile account.