Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences, Clemson University, 2014
M.S. in Mathematical Sciences, Clemson University, 2010
B.S. in Mathematics and History, Furman University, 2008
Dr. Abigail L. Bowers spent two years as a visiting assistant professor at Clemson
University prior to joining the faculty at Florida Poly.
- Navier-Stokes equations
- Finite element method
- Partial differential equations
- Bowers and L. Rebholz, “The Reduced NS-α Model for Incompressible Flow: A Review of Recent Progress” Fluids, 2, 3, 2017.
- Bowers, S. Le Borne, and L. Rebholz, “Error analysis and iterative solvers for Navier-Stokes projection methods with standard
and sparse grad-div stabilization“, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 275, 1-19, 2014.
- Bowers and L. Rebholz, “Numerical study of a regularization model for incompressible with deconvolution-based adaptive nonlinear filtering,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 258, 1-12, 2013.
- Bowers, “Numerical approximation of a multiscale Leray model for incompressible, viscous
flow,” Recent Advances in Scientific Computing and Applications: Proceedings of the
8th International Conference on Scientific Computing and Applications, edited by Jichun
Li, Eric Macharro, and Hongtao Yang, AMS Contemporary Mathematics, volume 586, 2013.
- Bowers, T.-Y. Kim, M. Neda, L. Rebholz, and E. Fried, “The Leray-αβ-deconvolution model: energy analysis and numerical algorithms,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, 37(3), 1225-1241, 2013.
- Bowers, L. Rebholz, A. Takhirov, and C. Trenchea, “Improved accuracy in regularization
models of incompressible flow via adaptive nonlinear filtering,” International Journal
for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 70, 805-828, 2012. DOI: 10.1002/num.20653
- Bowers and L. Rebholz, “Increasing accuracy and efficiency in FE computations of the Leray-deconvolution model,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, 28(2), 720-736, 2012.
- Bowers, B. Cousins, A. Linke and L. Rebholz, “New connections between finite element formulations of the Navier-Stokes equations,” Journal of Computational Physics, 229(24), 2090-2095, 2010.