Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC, 2017
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC, 2010
B.E. in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Visveswaraiah Technological University,
Dr. Balasubramaniyan Chandrasekaran is an assistant professor in the Department of
Electrical and Computer Engineering. His research interests are in the areas of robotics,
sensor fusion, integration of hardware and software and its application in robotics
and human-robot interaction.
- Sensor fusion
- Human-robot interaction
- Member, IEEE Professional Society,
- Member, IEEE Robotics and Automation Society
- Member, IEEE Education Society
- Chandrasekaran, B., & Conrad, J. M. (2017, February). Complete Coverage Planning:
Achieving Human Interaction and Maximum Coverage During an Autonomous Robotic Vehicle
Navigation of an Unknown Terrain. In Workshops at the Thirty First AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
- Chandrasekaran, B., Gangadhar, S., & Conrad, J. M. (2017, April). A Survey of Multisensor
Fusion Techniques, Architectures and Methodologies. In SoutheastCon, 2017 (pp. 1-8). IEEE.
- Chandrasekaran, B., & Conrad, J. M. (2016, March). Sensor fusion using a selective
sensor framework to achieve decision and task execution. In SoutheastCon, 2016 (pp. 1-7). IEEE.
- Chandrasekaran, B., & Conrad, J. M. (2015, April). Human-robot collaboration: A survey.
In SoutheastCon 2015 (pp. 1-8). IEEE