Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2013
M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2008
B.Tech in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology,
Roorkee, India, 2006
Dr. Harish Chintakunta joined Florida Polytechnic University in January 2016 as an
assistant professor in electrical engineering. Since then, he has developed and taught
six courses in the field of electronics and communication systems. He has also been
very active in research with both graduate and undergraduate students and successfully
completed a $1.5 million grant with the Florida Department of Transportation. He is
currently on the board for collaboration between Florida Poly and Lakeland Regional
Hospital to implement the University’s mission of serving Florida through research
Prior to joining Florida Poly, Chintakunta worked as a post-doctoral researcher (2014-2015)
in the coordinated science laboratory (CSL) at the University of Illinois, (Champaign,
IL), and as a post-doctoral researcher at North Carolina State University (2013-2014).
Chintakunta has a core expertise in graph theory and data analytics, which he successfully
applied in a variety of fields including biomedical engineering, wireless sensor networks,
and signal processing over power grids.
His current research areas include graph theoretic applications in autonomous vehicles
and traffic management, machine learning in digital communication systems, and data
analytics in health informatics.
- Topological data analytics
- Signal processing
- Graph theory
- Social networks
- Member, IEEE
- Member, IEEE Signal Processing Society
- Member, IEEE Communications Society
- Chen, Yang; Chintakunta, Harish; Xie, Le; Baryshnikov, Yuliy M; Kumar, PR; Persistent-homology-based
detection of power system low-frequency oscillations using PMUs, 2016 IEEE Symposium
on Signal and Information Processing for Smart Grid Infrastructures (GlobalSIP), 2016.
- Chintakunta, Harish; Gentimis, Athanasios; Influence of topology in information flow
in social networks, Signals, Systems and Computers, 2016 50th Asilomar Conference
on, 67-71, 2016.
- Krim, Hamid; Gentimis, Thanos; Chintakunta, Harish; Discovering the whole by the coarse:
A topological paradigm for data analysis, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 33,2,95-104,
- Gamble, Jennifer; Chintakunta, Harish; Wilkerson, Adam; Krim, Hamid; Node dominance:
Revealing community and core-periphery structure in social networks, IEEE Transactions
on Signal and Information Processing over Networks, 2,2,186-199, 2016.
- Chintakunta, Harish; Robinson, Michael; Krim, Hamid; Introduction to the special session
on Topological Data Analysis, Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2016
IEEE International Conference on, 6410-6414, 2016.
- Gamble, Jennifer; Chintakunta, Harish; Krim, Hamid; Emergence of core-periphery structure
from local node dominance in social networks. EUSIPCO, 1910-1914, 2015.
- Gamble, Jennifer; Chintakunta, Harish; Krim, Hamid; Coordinate-free quantification
of coverage in dynamic sensor networks, Signal Processing, 114,1-18, 2015.
- Chintakunta, Harish; Gentimis, Thanos; Gonzalez-Diaz, Rocio; Jimenez, Maria-Jose;
Krim, Hamid;, An entropy-based persistence barcode, Pattern Recognition, 48,2,391-401,