- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Florida State University, 2020
- M.S. in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Auburn University, 2015
- B.S. in Computer Science, North China Electric Power University, 2007
Dr. Lizhen Shi joined Florida Poly in spring 2021 as an assistant professor in the
Department of Data Science and Business Analytics. While pursuing her Ph.D. at Florida
State University, she developed multiple novel bioinformatic tools for analyzing large
scale genomic data sets. Her research focuses on applying state-of-the-art big data
and machine learning technologies to address challenges existing in DNA sequence analysis.
She also participated in multiple Kaggle competitions, where she gained extensive
hands-on experience in data science and big data analytics in a wide range of fields.
- Big Data Analytics
- Machine Learning
- Computational Biology
- Biomedical Informatics
- Shi, L., Wang, Z., Yu, W., & Meng, X. (2017). A case study of tuning MapReduce for
efficient Bioinformatics in the cloud. Parallel Computing, 61, 83-95.
- Shi, L., Meng, X., Tseng, E., Mascagni, M., & Wang, Z. (2019). Sparc: scalable sequence
clustering using apache spark. Bioinformatics, 35(5), 760-768.
- Shi, L., & Chen, B. (2019). A Vector Representation of DNA Sequences Using Locality
Sensitive Hashing. bioRxiv, 726729.
- Shi, L., & Wang, Z. (2019). Computational Strategies for Scalable Genomics Analysis. Genes, 10(12), 1017.
- Li, K., Lu, Y., Deng, L., Wang, L., Shi, L., & Wang, Z. (2020). Deconvolute individual
genomes from metagenome sequences through short read clustering. PeerJ, 8, e8966.
- Shi, L., & Chen, B. (2020). Comparison and Benchmark of Graph Clustering Algorithms. arXiv preprint arXiv:2005.04806.