Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Wichita State University, 2010
MBA, Sharif University of Technology, 2005
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 2002
Dr. Seyed Soltani joined the faculty of mechanical engineering at Florida Polytechnic
University as an assistant professor in 2016. Prior to that, he was a visiting assistant
professor in mechanical and manufacturing engineering at Miami University from 2014
to 2016 and a research scientist and instructor in the College of Engineering at Wichita
State University from 2011 to 2014. Soltani received a competitive appointment as
a visiting faculty at the Air Force Institute of Technology (Dayton, Ohio) in 2016.
- Computational and experimental mechanics of composites
- Manufacturing of composites
- Life cycle assessment
- Member, ASME
- Member, SAMPE
Awards and Honors
- Summer Faculty Scholarship at AFIT/WPAFB, Summer 2016
- Winner of MSC Software’s Research Assist Program, Fall 2016
- B. Zhang, S. A. Soltani, L. N. Le, R. Asmatulu, (2017) “Fabrication and Assessment of a Thin Flexible Surface Coating Made of Pristine Graphene
for Lightning Strike Protection,” Materials Science and Engineering: B, 216, 31-40.
- Rahmani, B. Willard, K. Lease, E. Legesse, S. A. Soltani, S. Keshavanarayana, (2015)
“The Effect of Post Cure Temperature on Fiber/Matrix Adhesion of T650/Cycom 5320-1
Using the Micro-Droplet Technique,” Polymer Testing, 46: 14-20.
- B. Zhang, R. Asmatulu, S. A. Soltani, L. N. Le, S.S.A. Kumar, (2014) “Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Hierarchical Composites Enhanced by Pristine
Graphene and Graphene Oxide Nanoinclusions,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 131: 40826.
- H. Koushyar, S. Alavi‐Soltani, B. Minaie, M. Violette, (2012) “Effects of Variation in Autoclave Pressure, Temperature, and Vacuum‐Application Time
on Porosity and Mechanical Properties of a Carbon Fiber/Epoxy Composite,” Journal of Composite materials, 46: 1985–200
- S. Alavi‐Soltani, S. Sabzevari, H. Koushyar, B. Minaie, (2012) “Thermal, Rheological, and Mechanical Properties of a Polymer Composite Cured at Different
Isothermal Cure Temperatures,” Journal of Composite materials, 46: 575‐587.
- A. Soltani, S. Keshavanarayana, M.T. Krishnamaraja, H. Vali, J. Mavo, (2018) “Effect
of nonwoven fabric type, facesheet ply angle, and core thickness on distortion of
out-of-autoclave flat sandwich panel,” SAMPE Conference, Long Beach, CA.
- Zhang, S. A. Soltani, L. N. Le, R. Asmatulu, (2016) “Electromagnetic Interference
Shielding Effectiveness of Prepreg Laminates Enhanced with Graphene and ITO Coatings
Studied over VLF to VHF Frequency bands,” CAMX Fall Conference, Anaheim, CA.
- S. A. Soltani, S. Keshavanarayana, T. Krishnamaraja, A. Bhasin, (2015) “Distortion
of Curved Sandwich Panels Made of Honeycomb Core and Carbon-Fiber Epoxy Prepreg Facesheets,”
CAMX Fall Conference, Dallas, TX.
- B. Zhang, S. A. Soltani, R. Asmatulu, (2015) “Modeling Mechanical Properties of Hierarchical
Composites Enhanced by Graphene Nanoscale Inclusions,” CAMX Fall Conference, Dallas,
- S. Soltani, M. Overcash, J. Twomey, (2013) “Unit Process Life Cycle Inventory for
Autoclave Curing of Epoxy Composites,” SAMPE Fall Technical Conference and Exhibition,