Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Arizona State University, 2018
Certificate in Statistics, Arizona State University, 2015
M.S. in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Arizona State University, 2013
M.S. in Civil Engineering, Arizona State University, 2010
B.S. in Civil Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, India, 2007
Dr. Sravani Vadlamani previously served as a transportation engineer at the Maryland
State Highway Administration (SHA) from 2010 to 2012. Her research interests include
transportation demand management, transportation safety and operations and statistical
data analysis. Vadlamani would like to use the blend of her transportation, GIS and
data analytical skills for interdisciplinary research that helps solve complex transportation
- Transportation Operations
- Transportation Safety
- ITS and Traffic Simulation
- Statistical & Econometric Models
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Reviewer for Journal of Transportation Safety & Security
- Reviewer for Transportation Research Board annual meetings
- Member of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- Member of Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
Awards and Honors
- Recipient of 2017-18 Jenny L. Grote Student Leadership Award by the Arizona Section
of the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
- Passed the Professional Engineer (PE) exam in 2017
- Reyna, J, Vadlamani, S, Chester, M, and Lou, Y. (2016). “Reducing Emissions at Land
Border Crossings through Queue Reduction and Expedited Security Processing” Transportation
Research Part D, Volume 49, 219 30.
- Ahn, S, Vadlamani, S, and Laval, J. (2013). “A method to Account for Non-Steady Conditions
in Measuring Traffic Hysteresis. Transportation Research Part C, Volume 34, 138-147.
- Vadlamani, S, Chen, E, Ahn, S, and Washington S. (2011). Identifying Large Truck Hot
Spots Using Crash Counts and PDOEs. ASCE Journal of Transportation Engineering, Volume
137, Issue 1.
- Ahn, S, Zheng, Z, and Vadlamani, S, (2015). “Private Road Transport–Cars and Trucks”.
106th Arizona Town Hall Report.
- Ahn, S, Zheng, Z, and Vadlamani, S, (2009). “Highway Travel and Congestion”. 94th Arizona Town Hall Report.