Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale,
M.S. in Mathematics, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale, Ill.,
B.S. in Mathematics and Physics, University of Colombo, Sri Lanka, 2002
Dr. Udita N. Katugampola is an assistant professor of mathematics at Florida Polytechnic
University. Before joining Florida Poly, he was a faculty member in the Department
of Mathematical Sciences at Delaware State University and the University of Delaware,
His main research areas are fractional calculus and combinatorics and he is interested
in real-world applications of fractional derivatives along with physical interpretations
of those operators. In 2015, while a faculty member at the University of Delaware,
he was awarded a $300,000research grant from the U.S. Army Research Office for his
work on fractional derivatives. Katugampola has several mathematical operators named
after him, now known in the literature as “Katugampola fractional derivatives.” He has more than 15 years of university teaching experience. As a graduate student
at Southern Illinois University, he served as a deputy leader for the highest caliber
mathematics competition, the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), several times.
He believes that the most rewarding part of teaching mathematics is the self-satisfaction
that you receive once students understand the concepts that you teach.
- Fractional Calculus
- Porous medium equation
- Mathematical biology
- Numerical Analysis
- Editor, Turkish Journal of Inequalities
- Reviewer, Applied Mathematics and Computation (Elsevier)
- Reviewer, Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences (Wiley)
- Reviewer, Journal of Mathematical Physics (AIP)
- N. Katugampola. “New approach to a generalized fractional integral” Applied Mathematics and Computations, 218(3), 860-865 (2011).
- N. Katugampola. “A New Approach to Generalized Fractional Derivatives” Bulletin of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 6(4), 1-15 (2014).
- N. Katugampola. “Mellin Transforms of the Generalized Fractional Integrals and Derivatives” Applied Mathematics and Computation, 257, 566-580 (2015).
- N. Katugampola. “Correction to “What is a fractional derivative?” by Ortigueira and Machado [Journal of Computational Physics, Volume 293, 15 July
2015, Pages 4–13]” Journal of Computational Physics, 321, 1255-1257 (2016).
- Chen, U.N. Katugampola. “Hermite–Hadamard and Hermite–Hadamard–Fejér type inequalities for generalized fractional
integrals” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 446(2), 1274-1291(2017).
- M. Evans, U.N. Katugampola, D.A. Edwards. “Applications of fractional calculus in solving Abel-type integral equations: Surface-volume
reaction problem” Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 76(6), 1346-1362 (2017).
- G. Farid, U.N. Katugampola, M. Usman. “Ostrowski type fractional integral inequalities for s-Godunova-Levin function via
Katugampola fractional integrals,” Open Journal of Mathematical Science, 1(1), 97-110 (2018).