Having an Event at Florida Poly
NOTE: A space request must be submitted and approved at least 2 weeks prior to event date for events under 100 people. Large events (100+ people) should be reserved at least 60 days in advance.
CHECK CAMPUS CALENDAR: When planning events it is important to check the event date for other events that may conflict with yours.
SUBMIT EVENT REQUEST: Event requests are submitted through our event management system (EMS).
RECEIVE APPROVAL: Please wait to receive an email (along with a quote, if applicable) indicating if the event is approved, approved with conditions or denied. In most cases an email will be received within 2-3 business days. Complex event, the event requiring additional administrative approval, quotes for services, etc. may take longer. If this is the case you will be notified of an update. Certain events may be subjects to additional fees. These include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Events after hours or on the weekends: If may be necessary to schedule addition police officers, custodial services, IT or facilities. The hosting department would be responsible to pay these additional fees.
- Equipment or furniture needed: If additional equipment or furniture has to be rented this cost will be passed on to the department. This includes furniture moves.
- Events requiring additional staffing.
- Events with certain types of set-ups.
- Events with food.
- Events that are not official university events may be subject to space rental fees.
REVIEW AND APPROVE QUOTE (If applicable): If additional fees are accessed an event, a quote will be sent for review and approval. Department head will be required to sign quote. Charges will be deducted from the department’s cost center. Once event request and service orders have been approved and any additional cost associated with the event (if applicable) are approved the event request will be confirmed.
- Make sure event is planned with enough advance notice for support services (facilities, IT, police, parking, food service). Support service departments like IT, facilities and the police have a full staff from 8am to 5pm during the week. Weekend time vary.
- Consider the time and date of your event. Weekdays during 10am to 3pm are the busiest days on campus. Large event will have limited parking available. Friday is a great day to have an event.
- Have a meeting with all of the departments involved at least 30 days prior to your event to discuss logistics.