Innovation, Science, and Technology Building, Room 2014, 4700 Research Way, Lakeland, FL 33805
Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences, Clemson University, 2014
M.S. in Mathematical Sciences, Clemson University, 2010
B.S. in Mathematics and History, Furman University, 2008
Websites/Social Media Accounts*
Dr. Abigail L. Bowers spent two years as a visiting assistant professor at Clemson University prior to joining the faculty at Florida Poly.
- Navier-Stokes equations
- Finite element method
- Partial differential equations
- Bowers and L. Rebholz, “The Reduced NS-α Model for Incompressible Flow: A Review of Recent Progress” Fluids, 2, 3, 2017.
- Bowers, S. Le Borne, and L. Rebholz, “Error analysis and iterative solvers for Navier-Stokes projection methods with standard and sparse grad-div stabilization“, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 275, 1-19, 2014.
- Bowers and L. Rebholz, “Numerical study of a regularization model for incompressible with deconvolution-based adaptive nonlinear filtering,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 258, 1-12, 2013.
- Bowers, “Numerical approximation of a multiscale Leray model for incompressible, viscous flow,” Recent Advances in Scientific Computing and Applications: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Scientific Computing and Applications, edited by Jichun Li, Eric Macharro, and Hongtao Yang, AMS Contemporary Mathematics, volume 586, 2013.
- Bowers, T.-Y. Kim, M. Neda, L. Rebholz, and E. Fried, “The Leray-αβ-deconvolution model: energy analysis and numerical algorithms,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, 37(3), 1225-1241, 2013.
- Bowers, L. Rebholz, A. Takhirov, and C. Trenchea, “Improved accuracy in regularization models of incompressible flow via adaptive nonlinear filtering,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 70, 805-828, 2012. DOI: 10.1002/num.20653
- Bowers and L. Rebholz, “Increasing accuracy and efficiency in FE computations of the Leray-deconvolution model,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, 28(2), 720-736, 2012.
- Bowers, B. Cousins, A. Linke and L. Rebholz, “New connections between finite element formulations of the Navier-Stokes equations,” Journal of Computational Physics, 229(24), 2090-2095, 2010.
*External, third-party sites not maintained by Florida Polytechnic University