Innovation, Science, and Technology Building, 4700 Research Way, Room 2110, Lakeland, FL 33805-8531
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2013
M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2008
B.Tech in Electronics and Communications Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, India, 2006
Social Media Accounts/Websites *
Dr. Harish Chintakunta joined Florida Polytechnic University in January 2016 as an assistant professor in electrical engineering. Since then, he has developed and taught six courses in the field of electronics and communication systems. He has also been very active in research with both graduate and undergraduate students and successfully completed a $1.5 million grant with the Florida Department of Transportation. He is currently on the board for collaboration between Florida Poly and Lakeland Regional Hospital to implement the University’s mission of serving Florida through research and innovation.
Prior to joining Florida Poly, Chintakunta worked as a post-doctoral researcher (2014-2015) in the coordinated science laboratory (CSL) at the University of Illinois, (Champaign, IL), and as a post-doctoral researcher at North Carolina State University (2013-2014).
Chintakunta has a core expertise in graph theory and data analytics, which he successfully applied in a variety of fields including biomedical engineering, wireless sensor networks, and signal processing over power grids.
His current research areas include graph theoretic applications in autonomous vehicles and traffic management, machine learning in digital communication systems, and data analytics in health informatics.
- Topological data analytics
- Signal processing
- Graph theory
- Social networks
- Member, IEEE
- Member, IEEE Signal Processing Society
- Member, IEEE Communications Society
- Chen, Yang; Chintakunta, Harish; Xie, Le; Baryshnikov, Yuliy M; Kumar, PR; Persistent-homology-based detection of power system low-frequency oscillations using PMUs, 2016 IEEE Symposium on Signal and Information Processing for Smart Grid Infrastructures (GlobalSIP), 2016.
- Chintakunta, Harish; Gentimis, Athanasios; Influence of topology in information flow in social networks, Signals, Systems and Computers, 2016 50th Asilomar Conference on, 67-71, 2016.
- Krim, Hamid; Gentimis, Thanos; Chintakunta, Harish; Discovering the whole by the coarse: A topological paradigm for data analysis, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 33,2,95-104, 2016.
- Gamble, Jennifer; Chintakunta, Harish; Wilkerson, Adam; Krim, Hamid; Node dominance: Revealing community and core-periphery structure in social networks, IEEE Transactions on Signal and Information Processing over Networks, 2,2,186-199, 2016.
- Chintakunta, Harish; Robinson, Michael; Krim, Hamid; Introduction to the special session on Topological Data Analysis, Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2016 IEEE International Conference on, 6410-6414, 2016.
- Gamble, Jennifer; Chintakunta, Harish; Krim, Hamid; Emergence of core-periphery structure from local node dominance in social networks. EUSIPCO, 1910-1914, 2015.
- Gamble, Jennifer; Chintakunta, Harish; Krim, Hamid; Coordinate-free quantification of coverage in dynamic sensor networks, Signal Processing, 114,1-18, 2015.
- Chintakunta, Harish; Gentimis, Thanos; Gonzalez-Diaz, Rocio; Jimenez, Maria-Jose; Krim, Hamid;, An entropy-based persistence barcode, Pattern Recognition, 48,2,391-401, 2015.
*External, third-party sites not maintained by Florida Polytechnic University