Innovation, Science, and Technology Building, 4700 Research Way, Room 2110, Lakeland, FL 33805-8531
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Wichita State University, 2010
MBA, Sharif University of Technology, 2005
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 2002
Social Media Accounts/Websites *
Dr. Seyed Soltani joined the faculty of mechanical engineering at Florida Polytechnic University as an assistant professor in 2016. Prior to that, he was a visiting assistant professor in mechanical and manufacturing engineering at Miami University from 2014 to 2016 and a research scientist and instructor in the College of Engineering at Wichita State University from 2011 to 2014. Soltani received a competitive appointment as a visiting faculty at the Air Force Institute of Technology (Dayton, Ohio) in 2016.
- Computational and experimental mechanics of composites
- Manufacturing of composites
- Life cycle assessment
- Member, ASME
- Member, SAMPE
Awards and Honors
- Summer Faculty Scholarship at AFIT/WPAFB, Summer 2016
- Winner of MSC Software’s Research Assist Program, Fall 2016
- B. Zhang, S. A. Soltani, L. N. Le, R. Asmatulu, (2017) “Fabrication and Assessment of a Thin Flexible Surface Coating Made of Pristine Graphene for Lightning Strike Protection,” Materials Science and Engineering: B, 216, 31-40.
- Rahmani, B. Willard, K. Lease, E. Legesse, S. A. Soltani, S. Keshavanarayana, (2015) “The Effect of Post Cure Temperature on Fiber/Matrix Adhesion of T650/Cycom 5320-1 Using the Micro-Droplet Technique,” Polymer Testing, 46: 14-20.
- B. Zhang, R. Asmatulu, S. A. Soltani, L. N. Le, S.S.A. Kumar, (2014) “Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Hierarchical Composites Enhanced by Pristine Graphene and Graphene Oxide Nanoinclusions,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 131: 40826.
- H. Koushyar, S. Alavi‐Soltani, B. Minaie, M. Violette, (2012) “Effects of Variation in Autoclave Pressure, Temperature, and Vacuum‐Application Time on Porosity and Mechanical Properties of a Carbon Fiber/Epoxy Composite,” Journal of Composite materials, 46: 1985–200
- S. Alavi‐Soltani, S. Sabzevari, H. Koushyar, B. Minaie, (2012) “Thermal, Rheological, and Mechanical Properties of a Polymer Composite Cured at Different Isothermal Cure Temperatures,” Journal of Composite materials, 46: 575‐587.
- A. Soltani, S. Keshavanarayana, M.T. Krishnamaraja, H. Vali, J. Mavo, (2018) “Effect of nonwoven fabric type, facesheet ply angle, and core thickness on distortion of out-of-autoclave flat sandwich panel,” SAMPE Conference, Long Beach, CA.
- Zhang, S. A. Soltani, L. N. Le, R. Asmatulu, (2016) “Electromagnetic Interference Shielding Effectiveness of Prepreg Laminates Enhanced with Graphene and ITO Coatings Studied over VLF to VHF Frequency bands,” CAMX Fall Conference, Anaheim, CA.
- S. A. Soltani, S. Keshavanarayana, T. Krishnamaraja, A. Bhasin, (2015) “Distortion of Curved Sandwich Panels Made of Honeycomb Core and Carbon-Fiber Epoxy Prepreg Facesheets,” CAMX Fall Conference, Dallas, TX.
- B. Zhang, S. A. Soltani, R. Asmatulu, (2015) “Modeling Mechanical Properties of Hierarchical Composites Enhanced by Graphene Nanoscale Inclusions,” CAMX Fall Conference, Dallas, TX.
- S. Soltani, M. Overcash, J. Twomey, (2013) “Unit Process Life Cycle Inventory for Autoclave Curing of Epoxy Composites,” SAMPE Fall Technical Conference and Exhibition, Wichita, KS.
*External, third-party sites not maintained by Florida Polytechnic University