The 2019 Move-In Day dates for new and returning students will be posted here as soon as they become available.
Everyone’s excited to get to campus, many are feeling all the emotions that surface when leaving their families, and it’s the first day of your new adventure as a student at Florida Poly. There are a few things you can do in advance to ensure the day goes smoothly!
- New student move-in: Sunday, August 19
- Returning student move-in: Monday, August 20
New student move-in is Sunday, Aug. 19. You must sign up for a time (using the link below):
Prior to move-in:
- Make sure to schedule your time as soon as possible to make sure you get your first choice selection! Move-in slots are available in 60-minute increments from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 19.
- Make sure you’ve completed (and turned in!) the following items:
Day of move-in:
Here are a few things you and your family need to know to make the experience as enjoyable as possible!
- Please enter campus by following “Event” signs. Park in Lot 6 and check in at the tent (look for welcome and check-in signs).
- Once you’ve checked in, you’ll receive your vehicle pass and will be asked to drive to Parking Lot #3, which is located directly in front of both residence halls.**
- Please arrive during your scheduled move-in time. If you arrive early or late you will wait until your move-in time or until an available move-in time slot.
- Each student may have up to two vehicles to assist with your move-in process.
- The dining facilities in the Wellness Center will be open in case you’d like to grab a drink or meal.
- Please unload as quickly as possible.
- When you’re done unloading, you will be directed to park your vehicle(s) in Parking Lot 4, 6, or 8. Staff will be available to assist while you are moving your vehicle(s).
You’ve done this before, you know the drill!
- Bring a handcart or dolly.
- Come up with a plan that makes good use of the 30-minute unloading time. A lot of families will unload their car while the student is checking into their residence hall. Once unloaded, someone stays with the belongings while another person moves the car.
- Prepare yourself for a lot of walking.
- Be prepared for summer weather.
- Plan to send home or dispose of packing boxes, crates, or other moving supplies. Storage for such items is minimal.
- Ask questions; staff members are available in both halls.