LAKELAND, Fla.–The wait is over. Florida Polytechnic University will launch its official Florida Poly Mobile app just in time for the start of a new academic year. The app is designed to provide students, faculty, staff, and the general community with everything they need to know about the university in the palm of their hand.
The Florida Poly Mobile app will debut on Aug. 22 and includes dozens of features tailored to users and 100 percent customizable.
Some of the features include:
- Maps; with class locations and parking information
- Real-time shuttle tracking
- Florida Poly News; to stay up to date with what’s happening around campus
- Calendar; to be in-the-know of upcoming on-campus events.
- Access to university email
- Directory; to search for people and organizations at Florida Poly
- Dining; to view on-campus dining options, hours, and dining hall menus.
- Health services; to check schedules and information for the Wellness Center
- Emergency; to provide access to important emergency information
- Library; to view library catalogs and other available resources
- Quick-links to internal university systems; including CAMS, Canvas, Workday, and the Pulse
The app also features a list of the almost 40 clubs and student organizations available on-campus, as well as intramural sports information and other recreational activities.
“We are very excited about the launch of this app because it speaks as one Florida Poly voice,” said Maggie Mariucci, assistant vice-president of university relations. “We’ve had other apps that served specific needs to targeted audiences, but this one provides everything you need to know about Florida Poly, in one place and is extremely informative and user-friendly”
The Florida Poly Mobile app will be available for free from App Store and Google Play, for iOS and Android mobile devices. For questions, comments or suggestions, contact us.
Assistant Director of Communications