Lakeland Technology Building (at Polk State College), 3433 Winter Lake Road, Room 2118, Lakeland, FL 33803
B.S. in Business Management, Indiana Wesleyan University, 2008
Bank Operations Diploma, American Institute of Banking, 2006
General Banking Diploma, American Institute of Banking, 2005
Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow, The American College, 1998
Social Media Accounts/Websites*
Kathy Bowman joined Florida Polytechnic University in 2019 as the vice president of advancement and CEO of the Florida Polytechnic University Foundation. Prior to this, she served as the chief development officer for Krannert School of Management at Purdue University from 2014 to 2019. While there, she led a development team to an achievement of raising an average of $22 million per year over a five-year period, a significant increase from the $4 million per-year average in the five years prior to that. Bowman also served as director and associate director of development for Planned Giving at Purdue University from 2011 to 2014. She has presented at several national conferences regarding advancement in higher education.
Bowman had a successful career in finance prior to transitioning to higher education advancement. She held positions of business development officer, branch officer, and executive administrative assistant at The Farmers Bank, and financial representative at Prudential Financial/Northwestern Mutual Life.
She also worked to establish the Clinton County Ministry of Hope volunteer organization in Indiana to provide food and other resources to families in need.
- Member, Associate to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), 2014-current
- Member, Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), 2013-current
- Member, Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), 2011-current
- Member, Partnership for Philanthropic Planning, 2011-current
- Member, Planned Giving Group of Indiana, 2011-2015
- Member, Krannert School of Management Leadership Council, 2014-2019
Awards and Honors
- EMarketer of the Year, Practical Planned Giving Conference, 2013
- Board Member, Lafayette Symphony Foundation, 2017-current
- Member, League of Women Voters Greater Lafayette, 2010-current
- Member, Lafayette Symphony Board of Directors, 2013-current
*External, third-party sites not maintained by Florida Polytechnic University