The goal of the Weekly Phoenix is to reduce the number of non-critical campus-wide emails messages by creating a single source of “need to know” information. All submissions must fall into one of the categories listed below:
- Dates and Deadlines
- Events & Activities
Submissions must include the following components:
- Brief summary (with character limit)
- Link (if available) to additional details or to an existing web page
A group of employees across the university have been selected as designated submitters and are authorized to submit information for inclusion in The Weekly Phoenix. For more information, or to find out who the designated submitter is for your department, contact your manager.
How to Submit
Designated submitters can log in here.
- All submissions are to be related to “need to know” information only.
- Submissions not directly related to Florida Poly activities or events are not permitted.
- Submitters should carefully review their submission to ensure accuracy and completeness. If the University Relations staff has questions on content prior to final approval, submitters will be contacted.
- Headlines/titles of submissions should be sufficiently descriptive as to provide useful information regarding the event or announcement.
- Submitters are encouraged to include descriptive text regarding events, announcements, etc., when possible. Additionally, submitters may include a link to a webpage that includes detailed information regarding events and announcements.
- Use of all caps in titles and brief descriptions is not allowed.
- Submissions can be repeated once, but the intention is not for items to appear multiple weeks in a row unless there is a very good reason for doing so. You may, however, send a “save the date” notice and also send information and reminders prior to an event.
- All content must adhere to the Florida Poly Brand Manual.
All content must be submitted to University Relations no later than Friday at 5 p.m. All submissions will be reviewed and edited as needed by the University Relations staff prior to final approval for the Wednesday morning Weekly Phoenix blast.