Ph.D. in Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology, 2001
M.S. in Computer Science, California State University, Chico, 1995
B.S. in Information Engineering, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, 1989
Dr. Feng-Jen Yang received a B.E. degree in Information Engineering from Feng Chia
University, Taichung, Taiwan, in 1989, an M.S. degree in Computer Science from California
State University, Chico, California, in 1995, and a Ph.D. in Computer Science from
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois, in 2001. Currently, he teaches
and conducts research at Florida Polytechnic University. He also has highly regarded
prior research experience. He was a research assistant at the Chung Shan Institute
of Science and Technology (CSIST), Taoyuan, Taiwan, from 1989 to 1993, as well as
an engineer at the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Hsinchu, Taiwan,
from 1995 to 1996. His research areas include Artificial Intelligence, Expert Systems,
Intelligent Agents and Intelligent Tutoring Systems.
- Artificial intelligence
- Expert systems
- Intelligent agents
- Intelligent tutoring systems
- Probabilistic Inference and Classifications
- Member, High-Performance Computing (HPC) Technical Computing Advisory Panel
- Keynote Speech, The Design and Implementation of Intelligent Tutoring Systems. The
3rd International Conference on Electronic Engineering and Computer Science (ICEECS
2018), May 29-31, 2018, Hangzhou, China
- Keynote Speech, The Implementation of Probabilistic Inferencing and Classification
in Python Programming Language. The 4th International Conference on Applied Mathematics
and Data Science (ICAMDS 2019), May 29-31, 2019, Xi’an, China
- Plenary Speaker, The 2nd International Conference on Algorithms, Computing and Artificial
Intelligence (ACAI2019), December 20-22, 2019, Sanya, China
Awards and Honors
- 2018: ACM SIGCSE Special Project Award
- IPv6 Sage Certificate
- Yang, F. 2018. An Implementation of Naive Bayes Classifier. In Proceedings of the
5th Annual Conference on Computational Science and Computational Intelligence (CSCI’18),
Las Vegas, NV.
- Yang, Feng-Jen 2017. A General Purpose Probabilistic Inference Engine. IAENG Transactions
on Engineering Sciences – Special Issue for the International Association of Engineers
Conferences 2016, Singapore: World Scientific, pp. 33-44.
- Yang, Feng-Jen 2016. The User Interface Design of an Intelligent Tutoring System for
Relational Database Schema Normalization. International Journal of Technology and
Engineering Studies (IJTES), Volume 2, Number 3, pp. 70-75.
- Yang, Feng-Jen 2016. Engaging a Real-Life Student with a Virtual Tutor. International
Journal of Computer Science and Innovation (IJCSI), Volume 2016, Number 2, pp. 52-64.
- Yang, Feng-Jen 2015. The Logical Modeling of a Virtual Tutoring System for Relational
Database Schema Normalization. International Journal of Advanced Computer Technology
(IJACT), Volume 4, Issue 2, pp. 7-11.
- Yang, Feng-Jen 2014. The Determination of When to Teach What in a Virtual Tutoring
System for Relational Database Schema Normalization. International Journal of Advanced
Computer Technology (IJACT), Volume 3, Issue 3, pp. 1-7.
- Yang, Feng-Jen 2013. A More Humanized Way to Query a Database System. ACM Inroads,
Volume 4, Number 4, pp. 68-72.
- Yang, Feng-Jen 2011. A Virtual Tutor for Relational Schema Normalization. ACM Inroads,
Volume 2, Number 3, pp. 38-42.
- Yang, Feng-Jen 2010. The Ideology of Intelligent Tutoring Systems. ACM Inroads, Volume
1, Number 4, pp. 63-65.
- Yang, Feng-Jen 2009. Stopping a Myth in Artificial Neural Networks. ACM SIGCSE Bulletin,
Volume 41, Number 4, pp. 25-29.