- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of South Florida, 2015
M.S. in Computer Science, University of South Florida, 2012
M.S. in Scientific Computing, University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez, 2004
B.S. in Mathematics, Universidad Industrial de Santander, 1999
Dr. Luis Jaimes is an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at
Florida Polytechnic University. Jaimes’ research interest lies in intelligent mobility
and crowd-sensing, pervasive and mobile computing, and cyber-physical systems for
mobile Health. He is the director of the ubiquitous sensing and smart mobility lab.
Jaimes research is currently supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF), and
the Institute of Health Informatics at Florida Polytechnic University.
- Ubiquitous computing
- Internet of Things
- Health informatics
- Machine learning and optimization
- Reviewer of journals such as IEEE IoT, IEEE Trans of Mobile Computing, etc.
- TCP member for conferences such as EEE GlobeCom 2016, EEE CCNC 2016, etc.
- NSF proposals review panel 2018
Awards and Honors
- NSF-CNS Award, 2018–2021 - PI
- Florida Poly Excellence in Research Award, Ablaze, 2019
- Best Paper Awards IEEE CCWC Mobile and Pervasive Computing Track 2017