The university provides free, voluntary, and confidential counseling services for Florida Poly students facing personal issues that interfere with their academic success.
To schedule an appointment:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- or contact Kristin Stokes, the university’s care manager at 863-874-8599 or by visiting the Academic Success Center East location in residence hall II.
Counselors can help students work through most personal issues that may affect their success at Florida Poly including:
- Conflict resolution
- Managing stress
- Overcoming procrastination
- Post-traumatic stress
- Substance abuse/addictions
- Time management
- Social problems/relationships
During evenings and weekends, students are encouraged to reach out the following resources:
If you are in crisis and need immediate help, dial 9-1-1 or visit Lakeland Regional Medical Center’s emergency room.
BayCare’s Student Assistance Program (free/confidential/voluntary)
24-Hour Line: 800-878-5470
Peace River Center
24-Hour Crisis Line: 800-627-5906
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
24-Hour Hotline: 800-273-8255