The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness serves as the official source
of institutional information for the University community and relevant decision-makers
through analytical support and coordination of continuous review, evaluation, and
improvement in teaching, administrative and operational activities.
This mission is supported by facilitating a stimulating and nurturing institutional
research and assessment environment that provides decision-makers at all levels of
the institution, with meaningful data and information on analytical studies of important
policies and issues facing the University, as well as data facts and comparative trends
useful to enrich the quality of higher education for our students.
The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness complies with the Principles
of Accreditation (SACSCOC) and the Code of Ethics established by the Association for
Institutional Research (AIR) and adopted by its membership in 1992 (updated in 2013).
The Office complies with the privacy provisions set forth in the federal Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) enacted by the U.S. Congress. The Office of Institutional
Research & Effectiveness is the clearinghouse and official reporting office for information
about Florida Polytechnic University.
The office supports academic programs and administrative services through:
- Degree and Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) inventory and program review,
- Routine and ad-hoc state and federal reporting,
- Periodic and recurring data inquiries,
- Outcome assessment audit and evidence validation,
- Survey design, analysis, administration and reporting,
- Curriculum coordination and catalog administration,
- Strategic plan and operational plan benchmarking and accountability measurement,
- Acting as the repository of institutional information and data steward of the data
- Data stewardship and oversight of institutional data and information from various
- Faculty activity reporting,
- Support regional institutional and professional program accreditations.