Presidential Ambassadors serve from April through the end of the following academic year.
Applications are available each January to be considered as a Presidential Ambassador for the next academic year.
The Presidential Ambassadors Selection Committee, which includes representatives from the Offices of the President, Academic Success, External Affairs, Government Affairs and Advancement, review each application, conduct interviews and make recommendations to the President, who will then make the final selection of students to serve as Ambassadors for the following academic year.
Florida Poly students can apply to be a Presidential Ambassador by clicking here.
In order to be considered for a Presidential Ambassador position, each student must meet and maintain the following qualifications:
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Enrolled full time
- Current in payment of all University student fees
- 18 years or older
- Attendance at required, regular meetings
- Demonstrated leadership through involvement in campus or community service activities or organizations
- Commitment to volunteer a minimum of 70 hours per year including all mandatory events.
- Completion of two full semesters to be an active member of the organization
- Be in good standing, as defined in the University Student Code of Conduct, which is published in the Student Handbook
Presidential Ambassadors are committed to fulfill the following responsibilities on a volunteer basis for a term of one academic year:
- Serve as the official student hosts at special events for donors and friends of the University. Ambassadors represent a positive image of the student body to all guests by exhibiting professionalism, courtesy and enthusiasm at events.
- Attend Presidential Ambassador Orientation and bi-weekly meetings
- Serve as an ad hoc focus group for campus leadership
- Plan and participate in activities that promote student engagement and philanthropy
- Achieve well-rounded academic excellence through dedication and involvement in University life
- Attain leadership skills necessary to succeed in today’s fast-paced, competitive world
Presidential Ambassadors enjoy a unique leadership development experience. Benefits to members include the following:
- Opportunities to interact with the President and other University administrators
- Serving as liaisons to the President and his spouse on key student issues
- Opportunities to network with influential business and community leaders and dignitaries
- Specialized training in professionalism, etiquette, leadership, philanthropy, public relations and event planning
- Official Florida Poly Presidential Ambassador attire for personal use when representing the University
- Travel opportunities with University staff, in support of University events off campus
- Presidential Ambassador Appreciation Dinner, annually in April
- Provide feedback at the end of their term to allow for continual review and improvement of this key program