The department of Technology Services provides consulting, and innovative ideas to
enable the University to achieve the strategic plan.
Our Goals and Values
These values describe the leadership responsibility and desire to serve the Florida
- Maximize the effective use of technology resources with the intent of continuous process
improvement. Perform portfolio management of University software, hardware, and applications.
- Perform best practice lifecycle methodology for all current technology, as well as
innovative and efficient implementation of new technology.
- Provide the University community with high-quality IT services and responsiveness.
- Develop ideas for improvement through needs assessment and relationships with students,
faculty, and staff that result in becoming their trusted advisor.
- Protect the University community from information technology risks and threats.
- Serve users with the following:
- Highly available systems.
- Highly serviceable systems maintained consistently.
- Highly featured and functional computing systems to meet user needs.
- Highly responsive processes for enhancements, projects or problem resolution.
The following is a list of computer hardware/software that represent the computing
infrastructure for the University community:
- Data network
- Digital signage
- Access control
- Video surveillance
- Mass notification
- Educational media/lecture capture
- Room controls
- Assisted listening
- Technology for learning both online and classroom technology
- Cable TV and video retrieval
- Administrative computing systems
- Academic technology (hardware and software)
- Information security systems
- User services systems