Resources for Student Veterans
Transitioning from military to civilian life can be difficult and, along with the already inherent rigors of pursuing a university education, can present a unique and specific set of challenges for a student. The Academic Success Center is available to help student veterans take advantage of campus resources and identify and coordinate community resources to aid in the transition.
Veteran students can meet with an experienced academic success coach for assistance with individualized strategies for overcoming obstacles and maintaining peak academic performance.
Some of the skills and strategies that this program offers include:
- Staying focused in a new environment
- Choosing or changing a major to align with skills and interests
- Taking content-intensive notes
- Situational stress management
- Staying motivated toward new goals
- Study and test taking strategies for different learning styles
The Academic Success Center thanks you for your service. Now let us serve you and assist in your new mission to earn a STEM degree.
For additional information contact the Academic Success Center at 863-874-8642.