Student Business Services
and the University Bookstore
have created a system where students may be able to use their additional financial
aid toward the purchase of textbooks before the start of a semester. Students may
apply for a book voucher two weeks before the start of the upcoming semester, and
up to one week after the start of the semester.
Below are requirements for receiving a book voucher:
- A student must submit a book voucher request forms through Student Business Services.
- Students who receive Vocational Rehabilitation will need to contact Student Business Services to make sure our office received the Authorization and send to Follett.
- Student Business Services will review the student account to ensure that additional funds are available to
use for the purchase of textbooks. Students may only use up to what is eligible in
their additional funds.
- If approved for a book voucher, the amount available will be communicated to the student.
- Funds will be made available to the student by 5 p.m. the next business day for use
at Florida Poly's Bookstore.
- Students who purchase books with a book voucher will have a charge placed on their
student account after the drop/add period for the books they purchased. Only the actual
amount spent from the approved voucher will be charged and added to the student's
- Once the student’s financial aid has been disbursed to their student account it will
be applied toward any balances accrued from using the book voucher.
Some titles are available on a rental basis which may be ideal for students don’t
want to keep the book after the class is complete and want to save some money.
At the end of the term, the student is responsible for returning the book to the store
in good condition. (It can be written in or highlighted reasonably, but needs to protected
from excessive wear or water staining). If the book is not returned in acceptable
condition, or not returned at all, the student will be charged approximately the difference
of the rental fee and the purchase price.
Learn more about textbook rental.