Experience thrills and embark on unforgettable journeys in the heart of the sunshine
Florida Poly introduces the Outdoor Adventure Themed Community, an exclusive on-campus
living opportunity for students passionate about outdoor education and exploration.
Located in Herodotus Hall within Phase 3, residents will benefit from specialized
programming centered on building skills, fostering friendships, and deepening environmental
knowledge through both on and off-campus experiences.
Enjoy trips in and beyond central Florida by learning camping, hiking, canoeing, and
other outdoor basics. Themed community members can engage in curated on and off-campus
activities, with biweekly programs and monthly outdoor excursions. Each semester includes
a culminating extended overnight trip, offering a chance to apply learned skills.
Themed Community Member Benefits:
- Acquire expertise in outdoor pursuits such as camping, hiking, and first aid.
- Develop a profound understanding of Central Florida's natural environment
- Engage your mind, body, and spirit by connecting with nature, fostering holistic well-being.
- Gain priority access to experience an extended Spring Break trip.
- Surf at Cocoa Beach, Florida. Day trips and overnight camping available.
- Canoe at the Hillsborough River State Park.
- Hike numerous trails throughout central Florida. Day hikes and overnight experiences
- Hike the Appalachian Trail in Virginia.
- When filling out your housing application, select the option to join a themed community
and answer the designated question when prompted.
- We will review your application and let you know if you were accepted to join the
Outdoor Adventure Themed Community. Denial from a themed community does not necessarily
mean you have been denied for on-campus housing.